After a hard workout, your body screams for proper nutrition. Here you will get the best foods for your recovery.
1. Eggs Protein and carbohydrates are both important after exercise. Eggs cover the protein portion. There is about 70 kcal in an egg, yet it contains 6.3 grams of protein as well as vitamin D.
2. Quinoa When it comes to carbohydrates, quinoa seeds are eminent. At the same time, they are low on the glycemic index, so blood sugar levels are kept stable. Also, they contain lots of high-quality protein.
3. Kefir The fermented milk has made a comeback among health enthusiasts, and it is not without reason. Its probiotic bacteria are good for the gut flora and thus strengthening the body’s immune system.
4. Banana In addition to a high carbohydrate content that fills up the depots, the banana is a true potassium bomb.
5. Salmon The fatty fish is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidant selenium and vitamin D. A pure health bomb.
6. Blueberries The small berries are filled with anthocyanins, which reduce the muscle soreness in the days following a demanding workout. They also contain lots of vitamin C and healthy dietary fiber.
7. Water may not belong to the food category, and it may be obvious, but inadequate dehydration is one of the most common mistakes in the recovery phase. Drink 2–3 glasses of water for every pound you lose during exercise.